Monday, June 23, 2008

Baby Jonas has arrived!

Well, He is here...and he is darling. I think my adrenaline has finally ran out - because Jonas's schedule is killing me! I think he eats his weight in breastmilk every day! He is a chomper! Todd left for Detroit two days ago for the month of July. So it is just me and Jonas now...we are quite a pair! My day usually goes like this: bedtime at midnight, wake up at 2:00am, bed at 3:00, wake up at 5:00 and bring Jonas to my bed where we then sleep together until about 8:00 a.m. Then around 8:30 a.m. his little grunting noises finally pull me out of the deepest sleep and I change his diaper and he eats off and on ( he is a snacker) until around 10:30 a.m. eventually he goes to sleep about 11:30 a.m. and wakes up around 2:00 p.m. SO that is my life in a nutshell...meeting little Jonas' every need. He is the cutest. Olivia, my sister is a huge help. I call her the baby whisperer. She comes home around five and is able to calm him down even when he is in the most dreadful mood and screaming (not that it happens a lot right now...I am crossing my fingers).






6 comments:

Payne-ic Attack said...

Congratulations guys! Jonas is a good looking little boy. We are excited to meet him.

I can't wait to get together with all the little cousins around the same age.

Jay

Elaine Parry said...

Hey Aunt Emily, I am so excited that you finally updated!!

Payne-ic Attack said...

Em-I agree with Elaine. I can't wait to see more pictures and hear stories of your life. Keep it up!

Raina said...

Nice to see pictures! Can't wait to meet the little guy. I am glad you guys figured out a name. I was getting a little worried. I am excited to hear the stories! I guess you didn't need me after all.

Ilene said...

Good description Em. It'll get better. I'm sure you now fully understand why I would always tell you and Olivia how I just felt like a cow. My life was spent nursing, changing diapers (and clothes with blowouts), and holding Andrew so he wouldn't cry those first couple of months. Enjoy this time while you have it!

mills5 said...

Em, It was great to see you and meet Jonas. Everyone says it will get better, and it does, but mostly it gets different. You look great and happy. Jonas is super cute.