Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mom Jeans


So my sister and I sometimes joke about how we'll need to start wearing "mom jeans" since we had kids. There is that pooch that just wasn't really there before and does noe seem to be going anywhere very fast - you know that deflated balloon pooch. Well, the other day it all became painfully obvious how this isn't really a joke - I really am in need of some "mom jeans". 

The story all starts with my most favorite jeans in the picture below:







I have finally come to the point where I need to retire  these - my most favorite jeans. They have holes in both legs and on the back and the pockets. I have worn them for the last four years and lOVED them. They are so soft from all the wear..and they fit just right. So, I decided to just go back to the same store and get the same jeans again. SO I am in this store dressing room looking in the mirror at the jeans that I tried on and decide that they'll do - until the sales clerk asks, "So how do you like them?". I reply that they are fine and ask her what she thinks. She says, "I think they look good. Have you tried the 'boyfriend's favorite' style?" 

-"No, what is the difference between those and these type of jeans?" I ask

-"Oh, you know, they are mostly the same, they just don't flare as much on the legs and come up a little higher on the waist...you know, just a little more mom jeansish" said the clerk.

Now, let me add the detail that I happened to be wearing NO wedding ring and did not have a trace of Jonas with me! It makes her reply even more painfully honest!

IT IS OFFICIAL - I have entered the phase of life where I have to wear MOM JEANS...because I am "not just a woman -  I'm a Mom"!!

I will post a picture of my old jean - how I miss them.... 


5 comments:

Raina said...

What ever Emily you look good!
But I know about having to buy jeans and clothes after having a baby. It is a little rough!
How's life? I haven't talked to you for awhile, since after new years. Anyways, miss hanging out.

rachel said...

Welcome to the dark side Mrs.Cox. I know I know we all feared these days but its actually liberating. Comfort is in and I am all about it:) p.s.I didn't even notice that those old jeans were even a problem you look awesome!!

Mark and JanaRae said...

It could be worse. You could be stuck in sweat pants all day! Or the 80's could come back (or maybe they already are?!) and they make spandex pants in all sizes! My friend told me it takes 9months to put on the weight give yourself at least 9 months to take it off. :)

Unknown said...

I think you should have punched that saleswoman in the face and bought the other jeans...but that's me...

Ilene said...

That's why I just got jeans at Costco. . . no trying on jeans in the store and no clerk to give an opinion!