Friday, January 9, 2009

Changes with 2009


So I think 2009 will be the year of changes. To welcome in the change...I got a haircut. To be honest, it's way shorter than I expected. I was shocked - at first. You know the initial shock at the salon when the hairstylist asks you if you like it and you hurry out a "Yea it's great!" and inside think (just get out of here before I start crying)! I rush out to my car and and can't hold back the laughs! I laugh because I can't cry. This is so funny to me! Why? I think I laugh, honestly because I can't wait to see my husband's reaction. He would love for me to return from the salon with with thick, long, shiny, dark brown hair - a miracle that won't ever happen until the next life. So, I hurry home rush in the house and say with a wry smile, "Do you like it?" 

...the look of shock on his face was priceless. My response....more laughing. His response, "You're gonna get your money back right? You didn't actually pay for that?"
my response...more laughing. I laughed and laughed.  

If I get this much satisfaction from horrifying my hubby - what will I do next. My humor is so sick.

P.S. The picture below is 2-3 weeks post haircut. And for the record - I really like it.



9 comments:

Ryan said...

I like the haircut. very cute.

rachel said...

Emily I LOVE it. Honestly I thought about doing the same thing to mine. I also would like to do it just to see what Colby's face looks like when I get home:)

Ilene said...

Once again, I was amazed to see a new post. Jay went to click on yours and said, "Maybe she posted about the new year" and I said "Yeah, right."

These surprises are so exciting!!! I love your post and those pictures are both great. Jonas is a cute little kid! We hope all of you get better quickly!

Raina said...

Your too funny Emily. I could totally picture that! It looks cute in the pic, I will have to see it in real life. Well got to pack for Illinois

Anonymous said...

That is such a Todd thing to say. I can totally relate to that. Ryan would say the same thing if not worse. Sometimes I think they really are brothers.
On a better note. I think the haircut is cute on you. It looks stylish. Better than having mommy hair like I have right now. It looks good.

Unknown said...

I think your haircut is totally cute and I have from the beginning--even if it was a bit short it is even cuter now that it's grown out just a little--better to have it too short and grow into it than too long and you feel like you didn't even get any haircut for your money if you ask me. As soon as I can get an appointment and someone to watch my child I'm sso getting my hair cut..AND short--and if cory doesn't like it TOO BAD :) he and todd can commiserate

Adriane said...

Emily! I LOVE the haircut. My hair right now is the longest it has been in years, but I'm almost ready to chop it again. I really really do like your hair. Love the picture too of your hubby and Jonas. I can't wait to see you guys!

karen said...

Em,
You make me laugh so hard! I totally know how both sides of the haircut feel. To be honest, sometimes we know it didn't work out but we can't let that on so we act like we like it! I do like your haircut in the picture. I've had some really interesting cuts in school and now as a teacher, too!
Love ya gal,
Karen

Janan said...

Freaking CUTE!!! Love it . . . CUTE BLOG!! Gotta add you to my friend list . . . hey, heard from Sunshine lately??