Sunday, May 2, 2010


My mom and John came to visit for the week. We went to the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. We had a lot of fun here for the week. One thing mom always teaches me in her visits after I have kids (only two but still) is to not let having an infant keep me from getting out and doing things.

Jonas was afraid to ride on the animals of the merry-go-round. So we had to sit on the bench that was by the horses and he managed. He has many more fears this summer at the village compared to last summer. Probably the fear of heights has emerged from him falling off the chair when he was helping me to do dishes.

Carmen takes after her Aunt Olivia. She loves to sleep. I couldn't resist putting her in the little dolly wicker bed to show how tiny she is.

And this is her yawning...
After his Easter egg hunt in the backyard...
Todd took Jonas to the mall one morning to give me some sleep. When they came home Todd says, "Em I just couldn't resist". He had bought Jonas his first pair of shoes. Black converse - like father like son. Thirty dollars for a pair of shoes on my son that is not yet two. Jonas was just as excited as Todd because when Todd tried to get him dressed after he had his shoes on Jonas just couldn't sit still and ran all around the house in his new shoes. He thought he really looked funny with only a diaper and shoes. In fact, he thought he was hilarious.

I am starting to enter that phase in which it is hard to remember what life was really like before Carmen. I think that is a good sign of adjustment - or a sign of amnesia from so many sleepless nights. Nonetheless it is here. Jonas has been a little more difficult. I have used the crib for his time-out. I usually take out all the stuffed animals and blankets and put him in the crib - because it is the only contained space in our home. I have decided it isn't such a good idea. He is having way too much fun. When I went to get him out of bed for the day (earlier this week) he had thrown everything out of the crib and while jumping up and down in the crib says "Time out? Chimichanga?" I had put him in time-out nearly a month ago for throwing his chimichanga on the floor.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the updates!! It's funny how they get scared of more stuff as they get older. Also, every time I see pictures of your house I'm jealous of the green (outside) and the wood floors-- Oh yeah and I have bought Harrison THREE pairs of converse (last chance $12.99 each for two and one at target...) so Todd is not so bad :) although $30 for a child's shoes is a bit ridiculous....We miss you guys!!!

Krissy said...

Isn't it funny the stuff that sticks with them after all that time... time-outs and chimichangas. Brea is always remembering things that totally surprise me.

Payne-ic Attack said...

What a smart kid to remember the Chimichanga. I love the story.

Hilary said...

Cute, cute, cute.

the haynie's said...

love it and the "chucks" aka convers! Maria

Raina said...

I am glad your doing good emily! A good sleeper is a good sign... better get one out of two for good sleeping! That is for sure what Jonah was not good at! Jonah is one for words and I find him so fun to watch. He is very observant kiddo! He will keep you on your toes! Love you tons and hope to see you soon!

Carleton & Robyn said...

I am filled with joy just seeing pics of you. Congrats on the new addition to your family. We just did in vitro yesterday and hope to add a third kiddo to the fam. My blog is carlandrob.blogspot.com and my creative blog is growmegrowyou.blogspot.com