Monday, June 21, 2010

Has it really only been three months?



I need to get better about importing pictures on a regular basis. I dread doing stuff like that. If blogging didn't require that I get my pics off my camera and on to my computer I would probably blog a lot more. I can't believe Carmen is already 3 months...at the same time, I feel so much older than I did three months ago! I LOVE being a mom of two! But my body feels it. Everyday when I wake up I wonder why my body feels like a combination of getting run over by a semi truck and working out hard(both of which I have not happened) then I remember... I am just experiencing the first three months of parenthood along with chasing a toddler - great combo for being physically exhausted. I am already revisiting the pictures of Carmen in the first few weeks of life just because it is all so hazy! It is hard to appreciate those first few weeks when they fly by and you are in survival mode and then you are trying to still carry on with other things. Anyway, this is what we have been up to since I last blogged...


This is a picture of Carmen on her three month birthday. She has resorted to sucking her two middle fingers since her mommy won't give her the pacifier. Really she won't keep it in, her fingers taste better I guess. Just enjoy it now Carmen because braces are a comin...

Jonas turned 2 years old. He is so much fun. He was delighted to eat ice cream. We ate his favorite meal (hot dogs, peas, macaroni and cheese) and he got to eat ice cream with his two candles on it. He blew out the candles about ten times. Thrilling. Grandma Cox gave him a Thomas DVD and Muppets DVD, Grandma Annie gave him some good winter clothes and Mom and Dad gave him a big blue ball for his birthday! What could be better than that?
Carmen's first smile caught on camera. I think she was about seven or eight weeks here. We were at Del Taco - the closest we can get to feeling like we are eating good Mexican food in Arizona. Perhaps she will be a fan of Mexican food? "Give me some tacos mom!"
Jonas loves to take his stroller on walks...




6 comments:

Hilary said...

Very cute, Emily! Carmen is darling. Jonas is so grown up!

Mark and JanaRae said...

It is so fun to see all those pictures. I understand it is a ton of work to get everything done and still smile :)

rachel said...

You are doing Great!! I love Jonas and the stroller. They both look happy, and that my dear is quite the accomplishment! Hope she's sleeping well for ya. Or You're at least getting some kind of sleep somewhere.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAS!!!! I can't believe he is two--Harrison is going into nursery in TWO WEEKS--craziness!!! Carmen is a doll!! I can't imagine dealing with a newborn and Harrison at the same time, you are amazing--you do what you've got to do and I know you will get through this tough period :) Miss you guys!!!! (I keep thinking we need to do a little Midwest tour to visit you guys and ryan and friends we have in st. louis and cleveland...wouldn't that be fun :))

Anonymous said...

Madison has to take her stroller on walks to that is so funny. Carmen is a little cutie. We really need to set up a time to get together.

Ryan said...

You are a great mom, I'm sure. I shudder at the idea of two kids. The mantra in my mind is "each day it will only get easier.